BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND PLANNING
The goal at Allen & Withrow is to render practical legal advice based on a sound analysis combined with common sense and years of experience. To this end, we work closely with
our business clients and maintain a high level of personal contact and availability.
We provide the legal services necessary for:
• forming corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships, and other business entities;
• conducting day-to-day operations of business entities, including preparing minutes and resolutions;
• issuing and transferring stock and other securities;
• buying and selling businesses, their stock and assets;
• merging, reorganizing and dissolving corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships;
• negotiating, preparing, and reviewing:
• shareholder agreements,
• employment and termination agreements,
• equipment leases,
• licensing agreements,
• franchise agreements,
• supplier contracts,
• customer agreements,
• financing agreements,
• security agreements,
• and other contracts necessary and familiar to businesses;
• dealing with government agencies;
• dealing with unfair tactics from competitors; and
• advising on trade name protection.
Commercial transactions and business relationships often go bad and turn into disputes, resulting in costly litigation. Unable to resolve the dispute through negotiations or
discussions between the parties, one party may find that litigation is the only way to end the matter. Unfortunately, litigation is often a fact of modern business life.
Commercial litigation is a general term that applies to any type of litigation or controversy related to business issues. Examples of areas included under the general heading of commercial litigation include:
• Contract disputes, including breach of contract;
• Tortious interference with contracts or business relationships;
• Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) disputes;
• Shareholder and partnership disputes;
• Breach of fiduciary duty cases;
• Disputes over corporate management and control;
• Business dissolutions;
• FDCPA (Fair Debt Creditors Practices Act) litigation;
• Disputes over non-compete agreements;
• Franchise disputes; and
• Debt collection actions
The list gives you an idea of the broad scope of commercial litigation. It also provides an idea of how commercial litigation matters can range from relatively simple, uncomplicated matters, to highly complex matters that could take several years to resolve. Improperly handled litigation can lead to additional, unnecessary expense for you and your business. If you lose, you may be subject to a large damages award. In addition, even if you are successful, the amount of money and time you spent fighting may exceed the amount of damages you are ultimately able to collect. Further, protracted litigation can have a negative impact on the operations of your business.
Allen & Withrow represents a wide spectrum of transportation clients including large and small shippers; common, contract, and private carriers; brokers; and freight forwarders,
and public transit authorities. In addition, we represent clients in federal and state court litigation involving transportation matters.
We provide a full range of services intended to cover the interface between the transportation industry and the laws and regulations governing transportation nationwide and internationally. These include:
• preparation and review of transportation documents, including contracts of carriage, schedules of rates and charges, rules for transportation, brokerage and freight forwarding agreements, bills of lading, and other shipping papers;
• pursuing and defending cargo loss, damage, and delay claims, including claims governed by international treaties;
• counseling and representation involving property brokers and freight forwarders, including structuring relationships to avoid unexpected liability;
• advice and representation in disputes involving classification of drivers as employees or independent contractors;
• consulting with and representing carriers in DOT safety matters such as inspections, appeals, and litigation; and
• disputes with insurance carriers involving cargo, liability, and bobtail insurance.
In addition to representing clients involved in ongoing disputes, we counsel clients in structuring their transportation and business arrangements to avoid controversy and litigation in the future.
Payments: Any payments made through this site or its links are considered as voluntary payments. By processing the payment the firm is not agreeing to a payment arrangement unless
confirmed by telephone, e-mail or in writing. Payments made shall be applied to your account. By processing any payment we are not agreeing to suspend collection activity unless
confirmed by telephone, e-mail or in writing. If sending a payoff please contact us to confirm your balance.
E-Mail: If you elect to contact us by e-mail you are also authorizing us to respond or to contact you in the future through the same e-mail. E-mail communications are not substitutes for legal pleadings, disputes, requests for validations other legal notices. We may elect to decline to respond to any e-mail message. When sending an e-mail please include your full name as we show it, the name of the creditor and your reference number.
Disclosure: Nothing in this site is shall be considered to be legal advice, communications or recommendations. Nothing within this site shall be considered as an offer to settle any matter. You further understand that this law firm is hired by the creditor to collect a debt. All communications are an attempt to collect a debt and all information obtained will be used for that purpose.
Links: Links to sites outside of this site are informational only. We do not endorse or recommend any service or product on such links. We have no control over the content of those sites.
ALLEN & WITHROW
12410 Cantrell Road, Suite 100 • Little Rock, Arkansas 72223
Phone: 501/227-2000 • Fax: 501/707-1214
The materials contained in this Web site have been prepared and presented for informational purposes and are not to be considered advertising or legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute or create, an attorney-client relationship between this Firm and/or any lawyer in this Firm with any reader or recipient of this information. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Do not send us confidential information until you speak with one of our attorneys and get authorization to do so.
Any reference or link to a third party found on our internet site is not an express or implied endorsement by Allen & Withrow Law Firm as to that third party or the information provided.
Allen & Withrow is a law firm whose primary business function is debt collection; as such, this communication with our firm may be considered an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.